Thursday, September 12, 2013

Dental Procedure Completed / Brief Update

**This entry was posted September 12, 2013.**

Yours truly at the dentist's office yesterday, Washington, D.C., 10:29AM September 11, 2013.

*******

Sorry for lack of updates (although truth to tell, virtually no one I know reads this blog anymore).

I was about half way through a full entry that I composed last night but simply had to go to bed, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish it tonight, tomorrow, or (if I go to a scheduled Nationals baseball game on Friday night), on Saturday.

Anyway, I got through the procedure -- and it was necessary for the dentist to do a full extraction because, as I figured, the crown was in bad shape, in large measure because the root canal done three years ago by my now-former dentist had been done poorly so that spaces had remained that were basically a dark cave perfect for anaerobic bacteria and repeated infections. I'm amazed I made it three years.

I did not go to work yesterday but instead wandered around outside in the excessive September heat -- 94F for a high at KDCA and dew points around 72F, no flippin' rain in sight -- and then stopped at three places (the darkened, cool, and pleasant interior of TGI Friday's on Pennsylvania Ave.; the vaulted, cool interior of St. Matthew's Church for the 530PM mass (yes); and then the darkened, air conditioned inside of No. 9) before coming home by dusk. I have a prescription for Vicodin and Motrin, so I'm kind of whacked out on that at times.

I am happy with this new dentist and that the infection and source of the infection are both gone. As for the tooth, it is a back molar (#14) so you can't see the gaping hole back there now. I may or may not get an implant at some point in the future. I also have other dental work that needs to be done. I'll do that as well starting late next month but mostly in 2014.

Again, that's all for now. I'll post the full update as soon as I can.

--Regulus

No comments: