Thursday, August 29, 2013

Entry #998: Still Not the Planned Post -OR- The March On No-Where (Reposted / Updated)

This entry is reposted from last night with a few changes.

1500 block of Q St. NW, Washington, D.C., 7:00PM August 28, 2013.

*******

I need to post my Rehoboth Beach (Delaware) and Wildwood / Cape May (New Jersey) vacation pictures. And I need to do so before I predictably get too ADHD distracted with other things in the torrent ... geyser ... waterfall of wholly disjointed entertainment and information that rushes about the internet -- such as this, this, this, this, this, and this.

However, today was a strange sort of day in which I stayed/worked from home (to avoid the expected throngs for the 50th anniversary commemoration of the March on Washington, which, by the way, matched up to the day of the week, but I've already noted this before for another family event in 1963); went to Harris Teeter for lunch (from the hot bar; went to No. 9 for happy hour and had a few drinks; and then came home and ate too much before watching my MeTV line-up (including, right now, this show).

Looking southwest down New Hampshire Avenue from V St. NW, Washington, D.C., 1:05PM August 28, 2013.

*******

As a result, I'm too tired and need to sleep. Tomorrow should be a regular work day AND I need to go to the gym. My Jersey shore weekend may have to wait a bit, possibly until the weekend. Also, I continue to have frequent headaches and just don't feel that well. My doctor's appointment is on Tuesday.

As for the weather, it was very humid and cloudy with scattered showers (although in the end, flippin' KDCA had its usual flippin' 0.01"; did I mention I hate that KDCA climate station spot??)

OK, that's all for now. Oh, yes, I'm RAPIDLY approaching Entry #1,000 on this blog. This entry is #998.

--Regulus

No comments: