Friday, February 25, 2011

Interstellar Dust Cloud -OR- Arcturus Doesn't Live There Anymore

Mammatus clouds at dusk over Squaw (or Olympic) Valley, California, Aug. 2010. Mammatus clouds -- which are associated with violent thunderstorms, though more typically over the Great Plains -- are formed by what amounts to an inverted or "upside down" convection. Source: Feb. 20, 2011 APOD.

#######

Out of necessity and strong advice from some, I have removed and hidden / taken offline my Arcturus blog for the time being, and I may very well delete in a few days. It is attracting too much attention, and besides, I've said everything over there I wanted to say, and I did what I said I would (going to the two agencies). It's now for those others to handle.

Also, my good friends (and others) are getting very sick and tired of hearing me talk about this topic that has so devoured me. It is starting to create problems there and I don't want that.

I'm not sure what the other side is up to but they are doing something, so to that extent, I may very well mention the overall topic from time to time.

Anyway, I'm hoping to have my regular computer back tomorrow -- it just needed a new hard drive -- and then I can post from home with pictures.

That's all for now. Again, my apologies to my readers. Trust me, this is not how I wanted things to turn out.

--Regulus

4 comments:

к.нео.физ.де.му said...

on the plus side - it's raining today... :)

dude, i think it is a right decision - if you need to vent from time to time you can e-mail me!

:)

good luck with your computer!

cordalit!

Regulus said...

Hi Mike,

Well, it didn't rain enough ... we need an all-day rainy day ... a few inches.

And I may take you up on that offer to email and vent. Please let me know the next time you're in D.C. and we can go back to Nellie's, or maybe LL, or even the Black Rooster. I quite enjoyed when we went there last summer.

Regulus said...

BTW, I took off an extra bit of time at lunch and dashed over to the Metro Center Macy's. It was a midday fashion emergency. I was looking like an old bag lady and my hair looks like Don King's on a bad day. What's a white Afro called? I hadn't bought any clothes in nearly 2 months and I finally got paid and had two nickels to rub together and ran over there. All the winter clothing was deep discountered. Now I just look slightly rumpled.

к.нео.физ.де.му said...

i believe the proper scientific name for a white afro is einstein.

hypho!