Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Buttery Fingers and Other Strange Non-Delights

OK, this entry was started at 630PM-ish but is being finished at 11PM-ish and, YES, it is partly a reposting of my most recent Arcturus blog.

The clock tower on the imposing Romanesque structure of Healy Hall at Georgetown University, Washington, D.C., at cobalt blue dusk, 5:13PM, Nov. 21, 2010.

I was there with Chris T. He went to Georgetown as an undergraduate.

The apocryphal "tradition" was to steal the clock tower hands and mail them to the Vatican, which would stamp "RETURN TO SENDER" on the unopened package.

I doubt that second part ever happened but (my understanding is) theft of the clock hands was a common occurrence in the 1960s. Today, it is much rarer, and the university authorities do not like this one bit and act accordingly.

The Georgetown Univ. college boys we passed by were so attractive -- and so young. Sigh.

I think I'll get drunk one night at the Tombs. Am I too old to do that?

#######

A stoop in the 2900 block of Olive Street, NW, Washington, D.C., in the Georgetown section of the city -- not to be confused with Olive Street, NE, in a really shitty part of the city -- at 4:33PM, Nov. 21, 2010.

#######

I know I need to update this blog. Trouble is, I can usually only do one thing per evening -- and yesterday it was all about updating my other blog after GT came over and helped me with my computer (again). It seems to be OK now ...

I was going to post an entry right now but it would be so damn vitriolic -- I've been in a foul mood all day -- with the focus on our ugly political climate, our worthless D.C. weather, and just everything bad right now.

Another Ginkgo tree at (smelly) fall splendor (actually, this tree may be a male, and so no nasty "fruit") next to the Heurich House near Dupont Circle, Washington, D.C., 4:08PM, Nov. 21, 2010.

#######

Instead, I am going to meet Kristof for a drink at Cobalt. I'll try to update this blog when I get home but no promises (as if anyone noticed).

My work day was OK. Oh, yes, I've been enjoying immensely the Salon "Hack 30" series featuring the worst big name pundits out there.

Also confirmed is how loathsome The Washington Post -- I'm thinking of current and former Posties such as Fred Hiatt, Howie Kurtz, & Len Downie, Jr.

#######


The shrubs growing on the steep steps to the house at 3123 N Street, NW, Washington, D.C., 4:40PM, Nov. 21, 2010.

#######

OK, the following was written after my Cobalt jaunt ...


As for airline "security," here we have a bunch of deranged people who just want to insert their fingers and cameras up everyone's posterior in the name of "security theatre" ...

More importantly, though, the fact the public ALMOST seemed to gag (so to speak) on this latest violation caused a major FREAK OUT in the military - industrial - police - surveillance complex we have.

This, in turn, caused panic among the courtiers and court scribes at The WaHoPo, whose frickin' job (in between acting as war criminal-mongers) is to tout whatever poll they commission and/or dig up to justify their obsequiousness in order to please the powers that be -- since basic Constitutional rights should ALWAYS be put up to goddamn lumpen-proletariat plebiscite.

How about we see Fred Hiatt naked on camera? Or that nutjob publisher -- the one who looks like she belongs in a trashy bar in Daytona Beach?

"I look GREAT naked on a live full body scan."

#######

Quotable Quotes:

“... you have the choice of either being fondled by a complete stranger, go to your left . . . or if you want to appear nude on live video go to your right."

-- Ann Coulter (!) on The O'Reilly Factor last week.

#######

As for me, in the end, I'd PREFER risking the 1:1,000,000,000 chance of the air craft being ... rather than have a camera insertion up my a--. Besides, that's a false choice.

See, I told you I was in a bad mood.

#######

BUT!

I'm going to end on a GOOD NOTE:

Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass playing one of the most sublime songs of all times, the one called Ladyfingers.



Yes, the lady on the "Whipped Cream & Other Delights" 1965 album cover is covered in what appears to be actual whipped cream and holding a rose, but is otherwise naked. That's neither here nor there...

OK, that's all for now. My next planned update will be over the weekend.

--Regulus

3 comments:

к.нео.физ.де.му said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
krzysztof said...

Look, if they want to molest me at airports that's fine with me provided they start hiring better looking security officers. It's as simple as that

krzysztof said...

we should play a little game of darvinism

Mike, Darwinism is satanic, demonic, godless and it disgusts me deeply

BTW do you guys remember this line from Airplane 2

TV pundit:: They bought the tickets, they knew what they were getting themselves into. I say let'em crash!