Sunday, July 20, 2008

Two coins in a fountain

It made sense at the time ...

Dupont Circle fountain, Washington, D.C., on a sultry night around 3AM, July 20, 2008.

The water has been extra clean in the fountain this summer.

Six months to go until Bush leaves office. He has been in office exactly 7 years and 6 months -- the precise amount of time that I am older than Mr. Sirius.

I will never be over him. But since he long since stopped listening, noticing, or caring (well, he never cared), none of it matters.


Today, Gary, Gerry, and I are going to Piscataway Park in Maryland. I want to try to find that chalet, if indeed it is there. I'll post a longer entry tonight.

--Regulus

6 comments:

Bryan said...

At lest you aren't in Piscataway NJ.

Bryan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
handmaiden said...

Are you in the fountain? Is that legal? :)

Wow! this is the shortest blog you've ever posted!

Regulus said...

Bryan: At lest you aren't in Piscataway NJ. Well, what if I wanted to be??

Handmaiden: Are you in the fountain? Is that legal?

Of course it's not legal. Boo.

Wow! this is the shortest blog you've ever posted! OK, my next entry will just be a single letter, like, "A."

krzysztof said...

I think you forgot to mention that I was the one who took this amazing picture:-)

Welcome back, Fifi (I saw your comments under the other entry)

Regulus said...

Sorry: KRZYSZTOF took the picture of me in the fountain. Regulus regrets the oversight.