Wednesday, May 7, 2008

An Offer I Can't Refuse


Today on my first day back in the office since April 25, I was offered a full time job at my place of employment, and it happened on the day that I determined I have juuuuuuust enuf student loan availability to remain in school 1 more year.

Well, of course, I will take job ... It is an offer I can't refuse. But this does raise some significant change - of - life style issues.

No, not that kind of change of life style. Once a 'mo always a 'mo.

It's just I've been in college for most of the last 20 years -- my adult life -- and though this is problematic, I'm so used to it. And my financial situation is so leveraged and bad that it actually makes some sense, at least in the short to medium term, to borrow that final bit of loan money.

But, bottom line, of course, I will take the job offer. It will be nice to actually be able to pay my rent outright with money left over. I will write about this more in a subsequent entry.

I'm home now watching "Mama's Family" on ION-TV. I have to finish a brief write up related to my environmental.

Pictured below: Mr. Sirius the Linebacker and his Ego came crashing through here on a 400 yard dash...

Just kidding.

Actually, this de- struction of a small brick wall and newspaper vending machines at the corner of East-West Highway and Pearl St. by the McDonald's in Bethesda near where I work. I hope nobody was hurt. It looks better than the "OBAMA IS GOD!" headlines that were there earlier that morning when I walked past it.

Don't fret, though, as these will all be replaced in time to see "MCCAIN EASILY DEFEATS OBAMA" and "ANALYSIS: HOW IT HAPPENED" on Nov. 9, 2008. Stupid Democratic Party.

I just need to roll both my blogs into one, as I mentioned before. The two blogs are -- to borrow a phrase my friend JC, who doesn't read either blog - are WEARIN' ME OUT!

I'll be seeing LP and Amie this weekend. I think Gary is away. Not sure about Kristof and Gerry. I'm going to go to Cobalt for a little bit tonight with Gary.

--Regulus

6 comments:

Bryan said...

Grrrrr. "see how damn old and worn out ugly I look"

You are not. I wish I could get you to believe me. I don't know how to damnit. *sigh*

I should come doen there and... Oh, nevermind. You just think I'm a pervert when I say stuff like that.

Digging the haircut.

PS: That stupid rating thing on my blog was blogger's fault. They screwed up. Figures.

fifi said...

congratulations on the job. Woo!


I received a rejection letter today, godammit, I just don't look good on paper :-D

krzysztof said...

Wow, is this what you didn't want to tell me over the phone?
Congratulations!!!
It's like we're all growing up finally.... no, just kidding

good job

bolshoipavel said...

Yeah, congratulations on your permanent job! It's a big step.

Paul :)

Slappy said...

Yay! Congrats on your job! It's nice to know you work for people smart enough not to let you get away. This is just the beginning!

Regulus said...

Thanks, everybody, for your kind sentiments.

It's a stormy, stormy here in Washington, D.C. with all kinds of severe t-storm and even tornado warnings just south of here across northern and central Virginia. There is also lotsa rain.

I'm going to bed ... a stormy night with lightning flashing and rain lashing against the window, the occasional brilliant, jarring flash followed by the nearby explosion of thunder.