Wednesday, May 14, 2008

May Passageways

UPDATED: I have a lot to say, to add, but right now I need to go to bed as I am very tired ... my NEXT Arcturus blog (probably Fri. or Sat.) is going to be a big, huge treatise on Mr. M. My H., Mr. Sirius. I've a lot to say about that rainy night boy and why he drives me to distraction, and what I want to say ... But not right now. I need to go to sleep, sweetie.

############

Passageway ....

Flight of stairs outside Lee Building, Univ. of Md., College Park, May 13, 2008.

I want to update my Regulus blog, but I have a lot to do in the next few days for both work and end-of-semester course work, mostly a big paper due in my international environmental treaties class.

On another topic,
I'm supposed to get my $300 stimulus payment on Friday (so says the IRS Web site) and I get paid on Friday. I'm presently broke until then. My regular salaried job kicks in on June 2nd.

Rainy night, 16th St., NW, at U St., and New Hampshire Ave., NW, Wash. DC, May 11, 2008.

I just hope that $29 taxi cab ride I charged when I took that late night ride from UMCP back into D.C. on Dec. 12th but which never cleared my account actually clears between now and 7AM Friday. I'm presently have $1.29 to name in my checking account and it will go negative for the first time ever.

#########

I may go see the comedian John Pinette on Friday night with Phil and some others at the DC Improv if I can get a ticket. He's hysterically funny and he manages to be so without being vulgar. Below is a 5 minute clip of his "France and Italy" skit that I think is very funny. As for the weekend, I'm going to lunch with my mom on Saturday and seeing Amie on Sunday.



#########

Passageway ...

... outside Queen Anne Hall, Univ. of Md., College Park, Md., May 13, 2008

##########

I need to update my Arcturus blog. It's a Mr. Sirius related entry, but that's appropriate since my Arcturus blog will now be dedicated, at least partly, to that topic. I don't want to alienate my three remaining readers. There are a few things I want to relate but I figure it better over there than here. I'll do so either later tonight or tomorrow. May is always a difficult month when it comes to thinking about him, a difficult month for me to pass through.

###########

Babies eating dinner ...

Here Flippo, my plush baby hippo, and my other stuffed animal babies eat dinner. That would be a Subway pizza for one on the table. They don't eat that much so it sufficed.

What? What?

############

I'm watching Mama's Family on ION-TV. I don't think Raytown, Missouri should be the actual fictitious Raytown from the series. But apparently Vickie Lawrence has said the show's Raytown is in fact "Raytown, Missouri," and she gets to decide "The Family" skit (Carol Burnett Show) and Mama's Family "canon."

Guess I really didn't have anything to say with this entry.

--Regulus

4 comments:

krzysztof said...

I like the title and the theme of this entry. Passageways fascinate me for some reason.

handmaiden said...

You call them passageways...I call them shortcuts.

Regulus said...

Kristof: Thanks. Oh, also, I had fun last night ... and I have your $40. My paycheck and my IRS stimulation BOTH arrived. Yay.

Handmaiden: Profound, indeed.

krzysztof said...

yay I win! I had fun as well.
Hey, we didn't leave by 9pm as we planned did we?